- A major multi-sector trade association client sought to advocate for a substantial reinvestment in U.S. infrastructure systems by demonstrating the associated short-term and long-term economic benefits.
- The organization needed help conducting a macroeconomic modeling study on the impact of infrastructure investment. The study required developing detailed scenarios across various infrastructure systems and federal, state, local, and private funding sources.
- The organization sought assistance from an outside firm with a sophisticated understanding of infrastructure policy, demonstrated capacity to design and execute a state- and industry-level macroeconomic impact analysis, and the capability to present findings in a high-quality written report with compelling visuals.
- Keybridge conducted a quantitative, bottom-up assessment of major infrastructure systems and estimated the amount of investment that would be required to achieve a state of good repair and expand or improve its capacity.
- We partnered with a leading university-based modelling group to translate our detailed scenarios and assumptions into state- and industry-specific economic impacts (e.g., employment, GDP growth, household income, and business investment). The headline output was a monetized ROI for infrastructure reinvestment.
- Based on the modeling results, Keybridge produced a highly visual written report aimed at federal policymakers, along with state-specific fact sheets that highlighted the local economic impacts and enhanced our client’s lobbying efforts.
- Following positive reception of the initial study in 2019, the organization commissioned Keybridge to update the study in early 2021 to reflect the post-pandemic economic environment and new political landscape in which a major federal infrastructure spending package was in play.
- The organization used the updated report and state fact sheets to advocate for the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), which was signed into law in November 2021.
Keybridge offers data insights, econometric modeling, and policy support to help clients communicate the importance of investing in modern infrastructure and transportation systems.